PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
The ELIXIR UK Node (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Earlham Institute (‘EI’), based at Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UZ. Click here to view the full Earlham Institute Privacy Policies.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use any personal information we obtain from our web forms, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.elixiruknode.org. This includes information provided by subscribing to any services we may offer, posting material, making enquiries, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our site
Cookies help us to improve our site and deliver a better, more personalised service. This information obtained enables us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
This information is currently collected using Google Analytics. You may wish to visit Google’s Privacy Center.
Security of your information
Please note that, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Accessing, correcting or deleting your information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Upon subscription you will receive an email link that will enable you to update your settings or unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, to request a correction and to request that your personal data is deleted. You have a range of other rights under the GDPR. If you would like more information, please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk/ (see “For the public”)
Disposal of your data
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time through your unique link. Upon unsubscribing your information will be automatically removed from the mailing list. We will undertake an annual review of the mailing list to ensure that the information held is accurate, relevant and not outdated. Any data not meeting these standards will be deleted from our mailing list.
Alternatively, you can request disposal of your data at any time by emailing us.
Compliance with data protection legislation
For the ELIXIR UK Node, the person with responsibility for advising on compliance with data protection legislation is Sarah Cossey, Earlham Institute, contact: email@example.com
This notice will be reviewed on a regular basis and may be amended and updated at any time. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.