EXCELERATE Train-the -Trainer workshop | Cambridge
April 24 - April 25
Together with Sarah Morgan, the Training Programme Manager at EMBL-EBI, we will be running a “Train the Trainer” event at the University of Cambridge on April 24-25.
This course aims to provide new trainers with guidance and tips for developing and delivering training in bioinformatics, exploring a range of methods appropriate to different learning styles and examining the requirements for a successful course (both scientific and logistic).
During this course you will learn about:
- What is training, why do we do it
- What makes good and bad training?
- What skills do you need to be a good trainer?
- How people learn – learning styles
- Catering for different learning styles
- Session / course planning: aims and learning outcomes/finding materials
- Feedback – how to get it, what to do with it
Overall, we aim at providing:
- guidance on general training techniques and appropriate use of methods based on learner needs, including some general do’s and do not’s for successful training
- a framework for successful curriculum design and further development, to enable trainers to build a course appropriate to their learner’s needs
12 places are available on this course and it would be nice to have a good representation from the UK.
Please contact Gabriella Rustici directly to register: Gabriella Rustici